How to get started
To join our team, please submit a volunteer application by choosing ONE of the four applications below that best relates to you:
- Community Service - All Ages:
If volunteer hours are needed to fulfill a requirement from a school, faith community, court or club, please select here for the Community Service Application.
- Adult: 18 years or older:
Join us! There are many ways for adults to get involved from distributing food to teaching classes. Please select here for the Adult Application.
- Child: 8 - 17 years old:
PRC welcomes children to volunteer; however there are a few guidelines which should be followed:
- -Children must be 8 years of age or older to volunteer and can begin the process by completing the Child Application.
- -Children between the ages of 13-17 can volunteer on their own.
- -An adult must accompany 8-12 year olds each time they volunteer. The adult must fill out his/her own application which is available here.
If you are interested in organizing a group from your employer, club or faith community, select this Group Application.
What happens after I apply?
After your completed application has been received, you will be contacted by email from the Volunteer Office at PRC with next steps. Please check your inbox.
Applicants must complete a Volunteer Agreement and attend one of our weekly volunteer orientations. Orientations last about an hour and include a tour of the facility, an introduction to the PRC mission and history and an overview of available opportunities.
If you are interested in the Food Pantry, you will have the opportunity to sign up for your first shift at orientation. Other volunteer opportunities require an interview or specialized training which will be described at orientation.
Questions? Email the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call 630-682-5402, ext. 243.